MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge from another server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to merge a forum from another server or does it need to be on the same server?

If so what do I set as the Database Server Hostname?
I'm pretty sure it has to be on the same server; we don't know what your host name is though, it's usually localhost but if that doesn't work, you'll need to ask your host.
Actually the source database (old forum you're converting from) and your destination MyBB database do not need to be on the same server.

Source Database: You enter the database connection information for this.
Destination Database: Merge System picks this up from your MyBB files.
Ok well I am having trouble with the merge system again lol. Ok so my SMF is on x10hosting and my Mybb is on 000webhost. It won't connect because it says I'm putting in the wrong data. I don't know how to fix that.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.
Hello, why not download the SQL in x10hosting and install SMF in 000webhost then upload the sql in SMF forum using phpmyadmin and use the merge system
Not all hosts allow their databases to be accessed remotely. In such a case you need to transfer it to your new host as mentioned above.