MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation not going after the second step
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new here and after using IPB 1.3.1 i'm going to give a try at this forum.
I've got a server running FreeBSD5.3-BETA7 with Apache2 and mod_php 5.0.2

And with that i can't install the forum after sending (in the installer) the username and password etc.. i've got a blank page Sad

I want ton install RC4 for but the installer said that is RC3 i think it's just wrong typing but not sure.

If you can help me that would be fun.

Regards , JonTHn

PS : I'm not probabling good writing English sorry i try my best Wink.
Hi,

Please try using the attached install/index.php and hopefully it will clear it all up and work properly..
Before you can install MyBB, we must check that you meet the minimum requirements for installation.

PHP Version: 5.0.2

Configuration File Writable: Yes

Settings File Writable: Yes

REQUIREMENTS CHECK FAILED
We cannot proceed to install MyBB because you did not pass the minimum requirements to install MyBB outlined below:

Ok i've tried your file but i've got this error Sad So i modified the source at line 150 :

-if(isset($errors))
+if(!isset($errors))

But it's always the same problem after entering the login , password for the MySQL Database i've got a blank page Sad
Ok i've found the problem i forgot to install the modules MySQL for PHP.

Sorry for the trouble.
I have a similar problem, only all the /inc/ files are there.
I know the server is capable of running myBB as an RC3 version of myBB is running. I just can't seem to install after checking the permissions on the config and settings file.
Can you download the MyBB release again and use the install.php located in it? Hopefully it should solve the problem, as I fixed it yesterday..