MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users getting logged out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Users on our forum are getting logged out, they tried it in a different browser and still the same.

The forum is on the main domain (sitename.com, not on a subdomain.

Cookie settings are as follows:

Cookie domain: .sitename.com
Cookie path: /
Cooke prefix:

Any ideas why?

Thanks.
(2010-11-01, 04:35 PM)iGeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Users on our forum are getting logged out, they tried it in a different browser and still the same.

The forum is on the main domain (sitename.com, not on a subdomain.

Cookie settings are as follows:

Cookie domain: .sitename.com
Cookie path: /
Cooke prefix:

Any ideas why?

Thanks.
Is it all the members getting logged out or just a select few?
Actual URL, and test account...??
Added image files today onto my forum, with GoDaddy tech support helping me ( I am no whiz). After that, I cannot stay logged into my admin control panel at all . Every page I click on flips me back to logging into the panel again, and nothing saves that I try to do.. Tried reading documentaion here, and I simply do not get it. Huh

Another issue, since that happened , a newly registered user cannot post, and another, who was fine before, cannot stay logged in at all, it takes her info but does not save it. Help, please?

This is a big problem, I did note that when I tried to go into the Admin panel, everything comes up with my personal user name in a bright green box, even place to put numbers, etc. Very lost here.
(2010-11-16, 09:47 AM)susanrae1 Wrote: [ -> ]Added image files today onto my forum, with GoDaddy tech support helping me ( I am no whiz). After that, I cannot stay logged into my admin control panel at all . Every page I click on flips me back to logging into the panel again, and nothing saves. Tried reading documentaion here, and I simply do not get it. Huh

Another issue, since that happened , a newly registered user cannot post, and onather, who was fine, cannot sty logged in, it takes her info but does not save it. Help, please?

URL?
www.arabiansinsport.org It is a Forum on our Association website. Website url is www.iasa.arabiansinsport.org. ( Go Daddy issue)
Your cookie settings are completely wrong, I don't know what instructions you followed to get these.

Your cookie domain is a.arabiansinsport.org but should be .arabiansinsport.org
Your cookie path is http://arabiansinsport.org/Forum/ but should be /Forum/
O.K., thank you, so how do I get in there and change that, it won't let me save anything? A Go Daddy tech ad me put those in there today. Sad
Edit the ./inc/settings.php file and put the details Matt told you to put in.
(2010-11-16, 10:08 AM)susanrae1 Wrote: [ -> ]A Go Daddy tech ad me put those in there today. Sad

Haha, this made me laugh. How they think they know what needs to go in there is beyond me.

Yes, you'll need to edit these in ./inc/settings.php, and then edit them in the General Configuration settings in the ACP.
Pages: 1 2