MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new to mybb software , a few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I ran forums for years and its my first time trying mybb i'm having a few problems and have some questions.

When I try to check threads from the forum index to move or delete threads and click go i get an error saying that i haven't selected anything although tmy selections stay highlighted. I have tried multiple browsers and and even reuploaded the javascript and its still doing the same thing. It does the same thing when I try to multi select members.

Is there any way to make the member count start over again? I used the merger system from a former vb board and I've deleted some members and renumbered them via cpanel. But when someone new registers, they take on where the original numbering left off for example i have member 102, 103 and then it jumps to 201 when a new person joins.

My members cannot edit threads even though I enabled it in the acp.

Is it possible to add more video types and fonts to the drop down menu?

I have the google-seo plugin. Is there any way I can make it use the thread titles in the hyperlink instead of just the thread number.html?

Ok thats all the questions I have please respond thanks. Smile
(2010-11-01, 04:58 PM)nightshade Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to make the member count start over again? I used the merger system from a former vb board and I've deleted some members and renumbered them via cpanel. But when someone new registers, they take on where the original numbering left off for example i have member 102, 103 and then it jumps to 201 when a new person joins.

No, it uses auto increment, you can't have it fill in the gaps. The number doesn't really matter anyway.

(2010-11-01, 04:58 PM)nightshade Wrote: [ -> ]My members cannot edit threads even though I enabled it in the acp.

Are they trying to edit it straight away? Or after a length of time? Check the following: ACP >> Configuration >> Posting >> Edit Time Limit

(2010-11-01, 04:58 PM)nightshade Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add more video types and fonts to the drop down menu?

Yes, you'd have to edit ./jscripts/editor.js

(2010-11-01, 04:58 PM)nightshade Wrote: [ -> ]I have the google-seo plugin. Is there any way I can make it use the thread titles in the hyperlink instead of just the thread number.html?

Enable the Google SEO URL option and make the required .htaccess edits.

thanks

ok I checked the post editing time and I had it set at 30 they were doing so right after the post.

still having the multi-select issue.
What actually happens when they try and edit threads??
There's an error that says you do not have permission to access this page when they go to edit.

I also just noticed my forum doesnt go offline when I try to set it to offline mode Confused <- nvrmind silly problem fixed
(2010-11-01, 05:57 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]No, it uses auto increment, you can't have it fill in the gaps. The number doesn't really matter anyway.

Actually, if you know the maximum value of the UIDs as it stands at any particular snapshot of the table, you can set the Auto Increment value to whatever you want, as long as its max(uid)+1

phpMyAdmin allows this via the Operations tab when viewing the mybb_users table.

However, if you have renumbered them already (the users table and all other tables that contain a UID field) and someone has already joined since then, you cant reset the auto increment without first updating those new users.

If you were to do this, disable registrations via the ACP, renumber as needed, and then change the auto increment value via phpMyAdmin.

then re-enable registrations.

however, its just a number and does not mean anything anyway.

(2010-11-01, 11:26 PM)nightshade Wrote: [ -> ]There's an error that says you do not have permission to access this page when they go to edit.

you need to give the normal usergroups edit permissions
(2010-11-01, 11:44 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-01, 05:57 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]No, it uses auto increment, you can't have it fill in the gaps. The number doesn't really matter anyway.

Actually, if you know the maximum value of the UIDs as it stands at any particular snapshot of the table, you can set the Auto Increment value to whatever you want, as long as its max(uid)+1

phpMyAdmin allows this via the Operations tab when viewing the mybb_users table.

However, if you have renumbered them already (the users table and all other tables that contain a UID field) and someone has already joined since then, you cant reset the auto increment without first updating those new users.

If you were to do this, disable registrations via the ACP, renumber as needed, and then change the auto increment value via phpMyAdmin.

then re-enable registrations.

however, its just a number and does not mean anything anyway.

(2010-11-01, 11:26 PM)nightshade Wrote: [ -> ]There's an error that says you do not have permission to access this page when they go to edit.

you need to give the normal usergroups edit permissions

yeah i did so they still cannot edit.
still having problems, cannot multi select, members cannot edit posts even after checking the option and setting the time value, and avatars won't resize even when i select the option for manual resizing. help appreciated.
Quote:My members cannot edit threads even though I enabled it in the acp.

I assume the uid's in mybb_posts table don't match up to the actual member uid in mybb_users. But does the username?

If the username does match then you can run some queries to realign the uids.

Not sure what steps you took to renumber the users but it's obvious you screwed it up. You've probably messed up PMs, Posts, and Threads.