MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PokéDawn Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EPM, please don't steal my names next time.

I refuse to say that I have a domain when I don't. I haven't got the money to do it right now, as all my money is pouring into university tuition fees.

Well, here it is.

Pretty rubbish right now. No domain, no theme and practically no posts. Still developing of course, and I'm not pitting this against any other forum like PB or Serebii. Some members say they just want a quiet forum to go to, but you never know how big it'll get until the whole project blows up in your face.

Currently having problems with a hacker.
Quote:Our members have made a total of 242 posts in 52 threads.
That doesn't indicate "practically no posts".

Why has there been such a rush of people starting createmybb3.com forums and showcasing them here?? It's rather annoying seeing these "style-less" sites every second day. Undecided

Get a proper domain, hosting and style is all I have to say.
Lol, What are you talking about names?
So why are you showing this here? What are we supposed to see?
That it is just a pokemon forum that is still being worked on.

EDIT: I can tell you Chila that there are to many staff members on that forum, your forum just started and you have 7 staff members and only 8 members. To many staff members. Cut down a bit(or bunch). That is my advice.
If I may suggest something - before you get a lot of users, don't put up too many forums. It makes you look too much like a ripoff of some other forum.
Same thing all the time... That's is what I need.

You see, EPM, I went for reverse psychology. In other words, having mods so when the members joined they wouldn't ask.

Really? Having too many makes it seem like a ripoff? I didn't know that.
(2010-11-02, 06:21 AM)Chilacchino Wrote: [ -> ]Really? Having too many makes it seem like a ripoff? I didn't know that.

It's just because if you have so many at once, it makes you seem like you're expecting the community to become really big instantly - for example, if you had moved a forum over and wanted to recreate it.

People expect that forums with a lot of forums are big. Half of your forums don't even have posts.
Really now, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Gen doesn't warrant separate forum sections.

This part definitely is a rip off as many others have copied Serebii the same way.

Start off with one Pokemon General discussion forum.

And if activity is so high that you do need to split off, do it then.

Most forums that does this style doesn't get a lot of activity in the previous generation sections anyway.

It's pointless.
(2010-11-02, 05:11 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Start off with one Pokemon General discussion forum.

And if activity is so high that you do need to split off, do it then.

This.

If you look at the Four Star Mon forums, we only have two forums dedicated to Pokémon. Out of a total of five.
Pages: 1 2