MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shadow Guest appeared in who's online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i was browsing my forum, i notice that after I left a page, a new guest will appear to be browsing the page i was browsing previously.

e.g i previously went into the announcement forum, then i go check the who's online page. I will get 1 user(me) viewing the who's online page and another shadow user viewing the announcement page.

when i check the ip logged, i get values like
66.249.69.130 (google)

This causes the view count of my thread to be exceptionally high and inaccurate.

I'm using google seo plugin. Just wondering whether that is causing the problem. Anyone has the same problem? all help appreciated.
It wont cause any harm, just a unlisted bot browsing your site. ^_^
Check your access logs and create bots for the user agent strings, because that's what they most likely are.
(2010-11-02, 03:47 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Check your access logs and create bots for the user agent strings, because that's what they most likely are.

how do I do that? are these bot of any use? because they are messing up my board statistics.