MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free Forum Hosting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had my own reseller account in Byethost for free hosting and I wanted to try free mybb forum hosting but I don't know how to start. Anyone who would like to help?

Also, the panel doesn't have a mybb installation script, how can I put that script in my panel?
Umm, mybb won't really be able to help with adding a script installer to your control panel. That would require server access in most cases.

If you want something like createmybb though....
http://www.rusnakweb.com/newmybbmf.php
Thanks, how about running my own free forum hosting? Any guide on how should I start?
(2010-11-02, 11:41 AM)E-Hero Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, how about running my own free forum hosting? Any guide on how should I start?

The link Alex gave is what you need. Byet has other help documents on your site. Imho if your not sure, don't start.
AFAIK, reseller means you can only manage a bit the amount of space your members are getting. You don't really have access to the server or do anything else.
(2010-11-02, 05:50 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK, reseller means you can only manage a bit the amount of space your members are getting. You don't really have access to the server or do anything else.

Could you help me out?
You're best to have a VPS if you want to start a forum host. That way you'll have server access and can manage it much, much better.
I am amused to see that you want to start your own MyBB Free Hosting when you don't have a single clue what your doing or talking about. I would learn how to use MyBB and a server first before taking that step. Knowledge of MySQL and PHP would also help you a lot.