MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: While you were typing - PUBLIC BETA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Inspired by this request I created a new plugin.

The plugin will inform the user when new posts were posted while he was typing his messages. That way he still has the option to review his post. It works both for the quick reply and the full reply.

The installation instructions are included in the zip file attached to this post.

This is a beta version of the plugin. It's possible that a few bugs still exist so I don't recommend to use it on a productive site yet. If you find any bugs or you have a cool feature request you can reply to this thread or PM me. Your general feedback about this plugin is of course also more than welcome.

I want to thank the following members for beta testing and giving me feedback:
Uncontrol
JonathanP
TheGodFather
Yaldaram
Sergio Montoya
ecanikajo
Spencer
iantac

Regards,
Aries-Belgium

Full release: http://community.mybb.com/thread-85847.html
Looks very interesting. Smile
Still looking for some beta testers Wink

Please PM me if you are interested in beta testing this new plugin and if you have the ability to install the plugin on your own test environment.
If you are interested in beta testing the plugin you can still contact me via PM.

Version 0.3 just went to the current beta testers.
I've tested this Aries, and so far working great. I'll also test this under different browsers but I don't think it would not run smooth using different browsers.
(2010-12-24, 10:08 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I've tested this Aries, and so far working great. I'll also test this under different browsers but I don't think it would not run smooth using different browsers.

Thanks for the effort, mate Wink

Will be with jQuery like on youtube comments or maybe a Popup message that shows up only when you try to submit the message?
(2010-12-29, 07:10 PM)danysalva Wrote: [ -> ]Will be with jQuery like on youtube comments or maybe a Popup message that shows up only when you try to submit the message?

There will be realtime notification that shows how many posts were posted while the user was typing. The user has the option to check those posts immediately or wait until he finished posting. If the user hasn't checked the posts before he submits his post, he will be prompted that new posts were posted and still has the option to cancel or edit his post.
Great, that's cool!
release it please Toungue
Pages: 1 2