MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New .FREE Domains!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.dotfree.com/

In early 2012, new domains will be coming out with the extension .FREE.

You can pre-register them now. Best part about them, is that they're FREE!

Not many people know about it yet, so there are really good ones available.

I just registered www.michael.free, maybe I'll open a blog when it becomes available.

You can register 1, make an account with it, become a VIP member for free (temporarily), then pre-order up to 50 more.

Edit:

I also registered mybb.free, onlinegaming.free, musicscene.free, musicdiscussions.free, keeptheweb.free, and a bunch of others.

Maybe I can make some cool forums/blogs from these. Although I'm sure these will all be taken very fast.
Okay so you are going to enjoy a lawsuit for Vbulletin.free Enjoy that one.
I can always delete it from my list.
Let everyone know how cheap you are by using a free domain extension.
4 letters is too much.
I agree it's a bit long, but it's still a good deal for people who can't afford domains and/or don't want to pay.

I own many .com websites, and have owned many more in the past. I'm not cheap. This is just for fun.
It seems too much like one of those marketing ploys, even if the purpose itself is genuine.

Almost nobody regards .com as ."commercial" anymore, even though that's what it stands for. It's now just known as the "generic" domain, along with .net, .org, and .info (even if the last one is a little less well known). But in the case of .free, the entire word is there, which makes it a little strange to read.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting one of these any time soon.
Imho the opensource community should get a free .os domain.
Would've been nicer as .fre
Four letters is too much, just looks cheap like .info
(2010-11-03, 01:39 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Imho the opensource community should get a free .os domain.

Actually, those would be pretty cool.

They need a lot more extensions though. With people constantly making new websites with new domains, it's hard to find decent names.

I think .os should cost money though. If it was free, noobs like me would register all possible domain names and sell them when all good ones become unavailable.
(2010-11-03, 01:41 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Would've been nicer as .fre
Four letters is too much, just looks cheap like .info

Tooo close to .fr though.
(2010-11-03, 01:42 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-03, 01:39 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Imho the opensource community should get a free .os domain.

Actually, those would be pretty cool.

They need a lot more extensions though. With people constantly making new websites with new domains, it's hard to find decent names.

I think .os should cost money though.

Never will happen. You have to be backed by big companies. the OS domain would only be allowed to be used by open source communites, therefore, it wouldn't have that many people asking for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4