MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i edit email activation message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you signup and it tells you to go to your email, i want it to say to check your spam mail folder. How do i edit the message after registration that tells you to check your mail.

You know this message
Quote:Thank you for registering on Forum Names, User Name .

To complete your registration, please check your email for account activation instructions. Until you activate your account you may not be able to post on these forums

i want it to say

Quote:Thank you for registering on Forum Name,User Name.

To complete your registration, please check your email for account activation instructions. If the email is not in your main mailbox folder, check your spam folder to find the email.
Until you activate your account you may not be able to post on these forums.
You should be able to edit this message in your language file.

ACP>>Configuration>>Languages (side menu)>>(Find your language)>>Edit>> member.lang.php.

and search for the original phrase and replace it with the new phrase then hit save Smile
also i saw that there is a age lock, on how old you have to be, can i change this

edit: oh they dont have to say on signup
You can use COPPA (ACP >> Configuration >> User Registration and Profile Options >> COPPA Compliance)

Or a plugin - http://mods.mybb.com/view/date-of-birth-on-registration