MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPv4, LESS THAN 5% LEFT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
According to ICANN on October 17th, 2010 there was less than 5% of the unallocated IPs available (12 /8s) which is over 214 million available IPs out there (between January and October they distributed over 200 million IPs). While this does seem like an insane amount, their estimates show they will run out by June 2011 and then the RIR's will exhaust their pools 6-12 months after that. While I'm not overly concerned, I just thought it was some interested information to provide you all at 5 in the morning. Big Grin
So... IPv5 is coming? :s
You mean IPv6 right?
IPv6 is already implemented in modern operating systems, it's just a matter of when ISPs will switch.
Finaly IPv6Toungue
Now to learn IPv6
I'm so glad I finished my networking classes now, converting decimal to binary is easy but once you get into hex it's calculator or bust!
Agreed hex is a pain in the lime KuJoe Toungue. But, I'm honestly surprised by the amount of IPv4 IPs they have left.
Uh.

Cool?
Got to agree with Alex, would've thought its much lower. Time for DC's to switch.
(2010-11-03, 12:30 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm so glad I finished my networking classes now, converting decimal to binary is easy but once you get into hex it's calculator or bust!

dont you just convert to binary first, then to dec?
Pages: 1 2 3