MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Samsung Galaxy Tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone seen this yet? It's a new tablet from Samsung, and it looks really nice.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-...I800BKAVZW

Android 2.2 OS. 7+ inch screen. About 13 1/2 ounces in weight. Cortex A8, 1GHz CPU, Hummingbird. Rear and front facing camera (Front 1.3MP back 3MP Auto Focus).

It looks awesome, I will most likely get it.

What's your opinion?
Yeah, looks very interesting, but I still prefer the smartphone concept. And I think it's a waste of money to buy a tablet now, I'd wait for a 2nd generation of tablets. Toungue
As long as it's Android, I'm happy.
My mate has a Galaxy S and it's quite nice but feels very plastic, I hope this has a more solid feel. I also don't really see the necessity of a medium size tablet, they should have either made it bigger like an iPad or smaller like a Dell streak. IMO the ideal setup is netbook + eBook reader + smart phone.
I like to stick to either a laptop or a smartdevice (iPod touch) - tablets don't really have a place for me really.
(2010-11-04, 02:37 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I like to stick to either a laptop or a smartdevice (iPod touch) - tablets don't really have a place for me really.

They are good for meetings i've found. (Well i've seen) They have a place in the corperate world.
(2010-11-04, 02:43 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-04, 02:37 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I like to stick to either a laptop or a smartdevice (iPod touch) - tablets don't really have a place for me really.

They are good for meetings i've found. (Well i've seen) They have a place in the corperate world.

You would be the one to know about this, but, are the specs good for the device, Mark?
(2010-11-04, 02:45 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-04, 02:43 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

You would be the one to know about this, but, are the specs good for the device, Mark?

No idea, never touched a droid on anything bigger then a phone. So i can't say if the OS match the specs. Not sure why they didn't' wait a little and put gingerbread. (likely they had a hard time getting it perfect for this, didn't want to start over i guess) Though i think the playbook from crackberry, err blackberry still is better in the meeting field. The Ipad actually is good for that too.
That makes a bit of sense. I just find them more "LOLOLOL LOOK WUT I DRU" than anything else really. I wouldn't mind an iPad just for yeh lulz but I don't have >$500 to spend on a glorified piece of paper when I have an iPod Touch >.>
Quite so. I remember i was at a meeting with the developers of a software we used, instead of paper, he kept the code and all his notes for it on the ipad, which does come handy, because he just passed it around. A laptop would've been bulky. There is a thin market of people that actually use it.
Pages: 1 2