MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I've been through many threads in here trying to understand why this isnt working correctly...

Users are not being converted (I know how to fix this)
User Groups are not being converted
Forums are not being converted
Threads are not being converted
Posts are not being converted.

Im baffled as to why... It converts 3 of the forums over but thats all.

EDIT: phpbb3 site: http://gdgforums.com
mybb site: http://gdgforums.com/mybb
What, so you run through the merge modules for users, usergroups, forums, threads and posts, it says they completed OK, the report at the end says they were imported, but nothing shows on the forum...?? We've had other people convert from phpBB3 recently without problems.
When going through all of the processes it says converting 0 files, or there were no files to convert.

1 users are importing right now. There are 0 users left to import and 0 pages left.
1 usergroups are importing right now. There are 0 usergroups left to import and 0 pages left.
7 forums are importing right now. There are 0 forums left to import and 0 pages left.
There are no forum permissions to import. Please press next to continue.
There are no threads to import. Please press next to continue.
There are no polls to import. Please press next to continue.

So, for some reason, I guess it just isnt seeing any of it?
Are you sure you're connecting to the right database?
Yep, it converts 3 of the forums over, that's why i'm confused as to why its not converting the rest of them and also the rest of the information.

Giving me this error when I attempt to "Run Usergroups"

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'group_single_user' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_id > 2 AND group_single_user != '1'
Anyone lol?
Gah this is getting frustrating, I dont know a damn thing about MYSQL.
Have you modified your phpBB installation?
Also, you don't need to open a new thread, so I'll merge this with the other one.
I had attempted to before but was never successful so there's not really a way for me to remove whatever I had done. Could I just do a fresh install of phpbb. Would all of the information still be stored in the database?

I solved it, ty.
I remember reading somewhere that I had to run a query in the database, can anyone tell me what that is and how to go about doing it?

BTW, I'd just like to thank the support team. You guys are extremely helpful.
got it, solved.
Please please please stop opening new threads. All problems from a single merge can be handled in one thread. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2