MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cPanel problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this isn't strictly MyBB related but thought you might be able to help anyway. When I access cPanel to try and edit .inc/functions.php to get the vB Navbar plugin working, it won't let me edit that code.
Download the file, make the changes and then reupload it? Or use Filezilla.

I've never used the file manager in cPanel so no idea how it works.
(2010-11-03, 08:00 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Download the file, make the changes and then reupload it? Or use Filezilla.

I've never used the file manager in cPanel so no idea how it works.
OK yeah didn't think of that, cheers.

When I do that and rename to functions.php and upload it and delete the other functions.php, I get an error. What should I do now?
The error is because you just deleted your modified functions.php file. Redownload it from a fresh package, make the edits and upload. Don't delete it though.
(2010-11-03, 08:09 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]The error is because you just deleted your modified functions.php file. Redownload it from a fresh package, make the edits and upload. Don't delete it though.
I did do that, then I deleted the original functions.php. But I still got the error.

Well, if the modified file your uploading is called functions.php, then it'll overwrite the original. So you're just deleting what you just uploaded.