MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A simple chat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a plugin that allows my users to chat privately. An IM system basically. Can anyone make something like this?
I've tried third party IM systems, and they just are too hard to configure and install.
try envolve chat. tell them ~Rs. sent you Smile
If it's for private chats, why can't members just use an instant messenger program, rather than a web based set up?
(2010-11-04, 01:56 AM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]try envolve chat. tell them ~Rs. sent you Smile

Link please?

(2010-11-04, 03:27 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]If it's for private chats, why can't members just use an instant messenger program, rather than a web based set up?

Because not all members want to use an IM program, and its more convenient if I have a chat system on my site rather then the members having to go onto another site to talk to each other.
i have it on my blog, it works beautifully. they will have it up and working for forums within the month: http://www.envolve.com
Well. It is very close to what I want.
You said it will be working for forums. Will it intergrate with my members list so people won't have to sign up to use it?

And will it have private chat?
Bump.
And the chat kind of does what I want, but I need a chat that integrates with my member list.
I don't like the fact that people have to sign in onto the chat just to chat.

Anybody else?