MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is Blue to common?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am thinking about making a theme for My Forum. I am working on the color scheme as we speak and I was just thinking of making it blue...but now I am thinking not.

Why not use blue?
Well while blue is nice and pretty and easy to work with. I think its to common across the internet. Think about it.

MyBB
MSN
Alexa
Microsoft
IPB

So I might go with green or red or some other off the wall color I can mix up in Photoshop.

What do you think?
There's probably a reason blue is used a lot, it's usually a cool and calming colour.
I agree its a nice color but I feel like the entire web uses blue.
I prefer blue over green, red, black, yellow, purple, etc, so i don't see a real issue.
Blue is used because most people like blue. It's refreshing to see people use other colours, though.
Blue is just a good color for web design(and just about any design really). It works well in many situations. However Green is also a good choice for more professional looks.
(2010-11-04, 04:53 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Blue is just a good color for web design(and just about any design really). It works well in many situations. However Green is also a good choice for more professional looks.

All depends on how it's used and what type of green...
I've seen beautiful sites with a green color, i've also seen sites which look like orange, and some who literally look like puke...
The Afresh is a good example of how to properly use a green color, well, how to properly use any color Big Grin
I believe they proved blue is the calmest colour and most mixable (Webwise). So its more appealing to design and for usuage.
Blue, purple, and red are my favourite colours for designs. Yellow is really hard to pull off without looking annoyingly bright, or like a mixture of body waste. I never like anything I do in green.
I find, personally, that blue works on pretty much any display regardless of the contrast and brightness levels. For whatever reason, any other color seems either too bright or too dim when you view it on another monitor.

Though, I do like to use other colors - it's a nice change in scenery. If you feel you can pull it off, then by all means, go for it!
Pages: 1 2