MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Small issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've changed my User CP link image to my site favicon but when viewed on my site it's too close to the text. I've tried putting a space before the global.lang.php text but that doesn't do anything.

Any way to leave a space between the image and the text?
Put the code from your header_welcomeblock_member template here please. Smile
(2010-11-04, 07:39 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Put the code from your header_welcomeblock_member template here please. Smile
<!-- Continuation of div(class="upper") as opened in the header template -->
<span class="welcome">{$lang->welcome_back} <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}" class="logout">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a></span>
</div>
</div>
<div class="lower">
<div class="wrapper">
<ul class="menu panel_links">
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp">{$lang->welcome_usercp}</a></li>
{$modcplink}
{$admincplink}
</ul>
<ul class="menu user_links">
<li><a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a>
({$mybb->user['unreadpms']})
</ul>
</div>
</div>
hmm, I think your only option is to edit the image itself and add the extra bit of space in it. This because the image is called in background-image (css), and I don't think you can add a padding or margin to it.
(2010-11-04, 08:25 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, I think your only option is to edit the image itself and add the extra bit of space in it. This because the image is called in background-image (css), and I don't think you can add a padding or margin to it.
How would I add space to the image?
You can add padding in the CSS.

In global.css, find:
#panel .lower ul.panel_links a.usercp {
	background-image: url(favicon.ico);
}

Replace with:
	background: url(favicon.ico) no-repeat;
	padding-left: 20px;
}
(2010-11-04, 09:21 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You can add padding in the CSS.

In global.css, find:
	background-image: url(favicon.ico);
}

Replace with:
	background: url(favicon.ico) no-repeat;
	padding-left: 20px;
}
That didn't work.
The code does work, you've just not implemented it correctly.
(2010-11-06, 09:02 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]The code does work, you've just not implemented it correctly.

How do I implement it correctly then?
(2010-11-07, 08:33 AM)Jack123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-06, 09:02 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]The code does work, you've just not implemented it correctly.

How do I implement it correctly then?

Copy and paste the code I gave you and replace what you have already.
Pages: 1 2