MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying 20 minutes still no result
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying very hard on my own forum to estabilish a "Private Contact Us" forum.

It means that guests or users can create a topic, but only view that topic they just made and reply in it.

I have been editing the permissions without any luck, if I tick
Can only view own threads?

then I as admin cannot see the topic that I just made as a guest.

How to fix this and let my idea work ?
Do you have any additional usergroups on your admin account?
Yes I have some.
If you're in an additional usergroup that's set to "Can only view own threads?" that'll override the other permissions.
Alright it works now, I can see the hidden topic. But one more problem. After I create the topic in that private forum as either user or guest I get this:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'test' (is same with guest also)

And when I reply to the topic as admin the topic cannot be seen by the guest, it says it has no permission to view like you see above.