MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank upgrade.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I'm on the phone as I type this with godaddy.com. Do you guys suggest something else? I've had enough of Yahoo. This nonsense is just too much. In ten years, to lose four forum incarnations -- that's really over the line!

Please help me decide what to do, knowing that economy is my biggest concern -- though Yahoo isn't too economical either!!! I need to be able to pay little and get decent storage and access to SQL through something akin to myphpadmin.

Thanks!
(2010-11-06, 05:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I see what the problem is now, you have PHP 4.3 and 1.6 needs 5.1+. Why there's no errors being outputted though, I don't know, they seem to hide all errors even if you set it to show them, why they do that is beyond me, and I still have no idea where that HTML you got came from, but that's the problem, PHP version. Everybody else who has had an old version of PHP has had an error message, I don't know why Yahoo choose to hide them. It hardly helps with debugging things if they force all errors to be hidden, you don't get errors for parse errors or syntax errors or anything!! Mad.

They also give your files and folders weird CHMOD settings when things get uploaded. Files were set to 664 instead of 644 and folders were set to 775 instead of 755. No idea why they choose to do that either.

Thanks for this. That explains at least something. I really appreciate the information. Do you have any suggestions for a good hosting site? Is Godaddy.com worth it?
To be honest GoDaddy aren't great either, I've read a fair amount of bad reviews about them, and users here often have problems with them. I'd give Dreamhost a try, there are far more support threads made here by GoDaddy users than Dreamhost users.
hawkhost.com, tikolah.com, dreamhost, there are plenty of hosts. I suggest going over to WebHostingTalk to find reviews about the hosts Smile

As Matt said, GoDaddy are not really great.
Thanks, you two. I appreciate it a lot. I'll go to dreamhost and see what I come up with. If I have any questions, I know that you guys are always here. It's really appreciated.

Regards,
Jason Hare
Pages: 1 2