MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I hate when this happens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I type a two paragraph forum post, then click 'reply' to see that the thread has been closed.
(2010-11-05, 12:16 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I type a two paragraph forum post, then click 'reply' to see that the thread has been closed.

That is extremely horrible. There should be a way that if you started typing before the thread is closed, your post still gets trough.
This is where a blog comes in handy.

Oh wait, you has one!
Been there, done that, hated it just as much.
lol I managed to post in a closed vB forum thread somehow once. I think my post got there just a split millisecond after the admin closed the thread and due to multithreading voodoo it got into the database. It was funny to see my post after the admin's in a closed thread. I don't remember where it was, though.
Maybe the admin posted, then closed it. He would have to wait for his post to refresh the page before he could close the topic Smile
Maybe, IIRC vB doesn't have a "close thread" checkbox in the Quick Reply box like MyBB does, so if they used the quick reply to make their post they would have to do that.
No it doesn't I'm Admin on VB forum. There's a tab on the thread called 'Administrative' which is how you close it. Toungue
Just happened, FML.
(2010-11-05, 06:45 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]No it doesn't I'm Admin on VB forum.

I am too, I just haven't had to close a thread in a long time (mostly we delete due to being spam).

I just had a thread closed on me here today. It was really annoying as I was about to post some true constructive criticism (problem, why I think it's a problem, potential solution triplet) and when I clicked "post" BAM thread closed message. Dodgy
Pages: 1 2