MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I love my profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am rebuilding my text based roleplaying site on MyBB. Before, we were on Acornrack which was pretty much a premade sort of hosted site that used php. Adjusting to MyBB and our own domain was a BIG change for me, but I did it with the help of the community here. Thanks for answering all my dumb questions as I was learning.

Anyway, I LOVE my member profiles. I have yet to see a roleplay site hosted on MyBB so I really had nothing to go on as I was designing. There were no profile templates to help me, etc. I coded my profiles from scratch and manipulation!

See the attached image for the end result Smile I'm really proud of myself.

I also included a screen of my thread index because I think it's pretty too.

What do you think of them?
Hmm. I like the curliques - very nice - but I think that you have to decide what your profile is FOR.

Is it to show what a user is up to on your site? Or is it more for social site bookmarking? When registering are all those fields required or are they optional? How will it look if a user fills in the minimum number of fields?

If you like playing with the HTML and css and want to really modify your forum then you MIGHT be interested in ZingaBurga's Xthreads - check it out

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31
(2010-11-09, 08:30 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I like the curliques - very nice - but I think that you have to decide what your profile is FOR.

Is it to show what a user is up to on your site? Or is it more for social site bookmarking? When registering are all those fields required or are they optional? How will it look if a user fills in the minimum number of fields?

If you like playing with the HTML and css and want to really modify your forum then you MIGHT be interested in ZingaBurga's Xthreads - check it out

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31

It's for a roleplaying site, it's a character profile. So naturally, the user would fill in all of the fields on their profile otherwise there wouldn't be any use of them playing in the forums.