MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: College Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let's do a census, shall we?

What college do you go to?

What's your major/minor?

What are you planning to do with it?

Not everyone at once, now. There's plenty of database room for everyone Smile
Got 1 quarter left at ITT Tech in the Computer Network Systems program. I plan on doing the same thing I do now (computer operator on HP NonStop Systems) so my degree means very little but it'll be nice to hang on the wall or something. Big Grin
San Jose State University major in Computer Engineering. Looks like I'll be here for another 5 years as a computer engineering major requires a lot of units more then most other majors. I like both the mechanical, electrical, and computer programming aspects of engineering so hopefully I can go into a field like Biomedical devices (such as MRIs, CTs, etc) and get a minor in biomedical engineering, or robotics of some sort (maybe NASA one day). Programming will always be my forte but I love to mix it up, programming can be quite a drag on its own.
College: Forest-Side SSS Boys (Mauritius)

Major: Maths, Chemistry, Physics
Minor: Biology

Purpose: Dunno. Maybe, i just learnt all these bullshit for nothing Dodgy
Quote:Purpose: Dunno. Maybe, i just learnt all these bullshit for nothing

Well, we all die in the end, anyway Sad

Why so many majors? Usually a 101 class is enough for most students.
I don't know what college means in your country but in mine, college means a secondary institution after which you go to University. College students here are between 11-18 years.

(2010-11-05, 12:34 PM)Ryon H Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we all die in the end, anyway Sad
Yep. Life sucks hard.
I'm a senior in high school applying to USC, Ohio State, Northeastern, Illinios, Alabama, and Georgia Tech for mechanical engineering. So for it looks as if I'll go to Alabama, since they offered to pay for everything.
(2010-11-05, 01:10 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what college means in your country but in mine, college means a secondary institution after which you go to University. College students here are between 11-18 years.

(2010-11-05, 12:34 PM)Ryon H Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we all die in the end, anyway Sad
Yep. Life sucks hard.

In the US, college and university are the same thing.
Criswell College in Dallas, Texas. =) It's a seminary. I'm getting my B.A. in Biblical Studies and I'm thinking about minoring either in Greek or Humanities, I might do double.
Anna university - Electronics and communication engineering.

My study is completely different from the webmaster stuffs that i do.
Pages: 1 2