MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am Legend (not really but hey)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So just now my mother told out lout, "it seems one of our cat, gots something." The cat had cached a "bluetit" "Koolmees" in dutch.

I wanted to free the bird, but my mother told me its already to late, the bird is hurt. She insisted I go back inside, I didn't take that as an answer. No I took a long stick, bamboo stick to be correct. Aimed at the cat who was trying to eat or even make it worse, the birds health. I aimed and trew! The cat was shocked and runned away, leaving its prey on the ground. Just a second when the cat was gone the bird flew high and fast back in the sky.Wink

"Nothing is to late people."

What would you have done, save the bird or just go back to what you where doing ?
Err cool story bro?
I would have let the cat enjoy the fruits of it's hard labor instead of heartlessly taking it away for no real reason. It's natural, and to be honest you had no real right to do that. That bird wasn't fast enough to get away, or wasn't smart enough, or was sick, and is now free to spread whatever disadvantage it was at to other birds, and then possibly those to still other birds.
(2010-11-05, 03:12 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I would have let the cat enjoy the fruits of it's hard labor instead of heartlessly taking it away for no real reason. It's natural, and to be honest you had no real right to do that. That bird wasn't fast enough to get away, or wasn't smart enough, or was sick, and is now free to spread whatever disadvantage it was at to other birds, and then possibly those to still other birds.

Cats don't eat birds, they just kill them.
(2010-11-05, 03:55 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Cats don't eat birds, they just kill them.

He's just upset he didn't get to paw the bird to death himself.
(2010-11-05, 03:55 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-05, 03:12 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I would have let the cat enjoy the fruits of it's hard labor instead of heartlessly taking it away for no real reason. It's natural, and to be honest you had no real right to do that. That bird wasn't fast enough to get away, or wasn't smart enough, or was sick, and is now free to spread whatever disadvantage it was at to other birds, and then possibly those to still other birds.

Cats don't eat birds, they just kill them.

Speak for your own cats. My cats will play with the birds for a couple of hours then tear off the wings and eat em.
(2010-11-05, 03:55 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Cats don't eat birds, they just kill them.

Not my cats. They're adopted ferals (born in our back yard before we could catch and fix their mother), and their mama taught them well what to do with their prey. Many a mouse or bird have been eaten under our tables (much to our displeasure) and I don't even want to know how many have been consumed in our back yard. We've seen our smallest (nicknamed "small spotted ninja") swipe a bird out of mid air, kill it, and start chomping down. All that's left is a pile of feathers or bits of fur.

And it's not like we don't feed them, it's just instinct. If they do bring something into the house, we just shoo them out. We don't take their hard work away from them to release. We don't want these mice in our house again, and God knows there are enough stupid mourning doves in our town. Most places have pidgin problems, we have mourning dove problems, and our cats are doing their part to keep the population at a healthy balance.
Wild cats prey has always consisted of birds and rodents. It's just the selective conditioning of domestic cats, by humans, that has changed their behaviour. If you get a wild-ish cat and let it raise it's young without your interaction it would probably teach it's young to grow up like real wild cats. Toungue
(2010-11-06, 08:11 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Wild cats prey has always consisted of birds and rodents. It's just the selective conditioning of domestic cats, by humans, that has changed their behaviour. If you get a wild-ish cat and let it raise it's young without your interaction it would probably teach it's young to grow up like real wild cats. Toungue

xD I have a cat that licks your toes I mean hes like the most friendlyest thing ever but hes a freaking monster. So far he has caught 3 mice 2 birds and something that I can't even tell what it is....
Dammit, I want a kitten so bad. I've had like 3 before, but my mum's gotten rid of them all, because she hates them (mainly the mess).

I nag and try to persuade her everyday, but still the same answer Sad
Pages: 1 2