MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to open the "Users & Groups" menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed myBB today. My server is running php 5.x.

The software is truly outstanding, but I cannot access the Users&Groups menu, and I get the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/pockok0/public_html/frm/admin/modules/user/users.php on line 3003

Please help me if you can spare your time.

Thank you very much.

Attila
Reupload admin/modules/user/users.php , it must have not uploaded fully.
(2010-11-05, 05:37 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Reupload admin/modules/user/users.php , it must have not uploaded fully.

Dear Kyuubi,

I tried already to upload the file again, but it does not seem to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Attila

$end appears when the file has just been uploaded. Can you provide a URL to your forums??
(2010-11-05, 06:00 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]$end appears when the file has just been uploaded. Can you provide a URL to your forums??

Of course I am very grateful for your help:

http://www.pockok.com/frm/index.php

Download MyBB again and upload a fresh copy. If it's doing this it's either corrupted or incomplete.
(2010-11-05, 06:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Download MyBB again and upload a fresh copy. If it's doing this it's either corrupted or incomplete.

Thanks Matt I will but in the hotel the upload speed is converging to zero Rolleyes!

Attila
You're missing more than just the users.php file, class_error.php doesn't exist in the inc folder.
(2010-11-05, 06:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Download MyBB again and upload a fresh copy. If it's doing this it's either corrupted or incomplete.

Thanks Matt I will but in the hotel the upload speed is converging to zero Rolleyes!

...(60 minutes ~ 1 hour later), SUCCESS!!!

Kyuubi, Matt thank you very much for your help. I tried to upload the file before separately, but only this full reinstall solved the problem. I still do not understand why it is like this, but I am very happy that it worked.

Thank you again.

Attila