MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: added moderator name's colour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you want the same color for all of them?? (This will be easier, just add the color elements in the css)

If you want them to show up with their respective group colors that they have been setup with then for that you'll need either a plugin or a code edit.

as you can see the attachment in my 1st post.i just want the name of the mod assigned to the specific board to appear in their group's colour.
You'll need a file edit for this. Not sure if this can be made in to a plugin, I didn't get the time to look at that, you can request for it in the requests section to see if it can be made in to a plugin.

Here is the edit you need to make:

File: inc/functions_forumlist.php

Find: (Around Line #315 [#276 for v1.4])
$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username'])."</a>";

Replace with:
$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".format_name(htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username']),$moderator['usergroup'],$moderator['displaygroup'])."</a>";

If you also want to format the mod list when viewing the forum, then you also need to edit forumdisplay.php

File: forumdisplay.php
Find: (Around Line #200 [No need for this edit in v1.4])
$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username'])."</a>";

Replace with:
$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".format_name(htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username']), $moderator['usergroup'], $moderator['displaygroup'])."</a>";
(2010-11-19, 12:06 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need a file edit for this. Not sure if this can be made in to a plugin, I didn't get the time to look at that, you can request for it in the requests section to see if it can be made in to a plugin.

Find: (Around Line #315)

Replace with:
$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".format_name(htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username']),$moderator['usergroup'],$moderator['displaygroup'])."</a>";

If you also want to format the mod list when viewing the forum, then you also need to edit forumdisplay.php

Find: (Around Line #200)

Replace with:
$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".format_name(htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username']), $moderator['usergroup'], $moderator['displaygroup'])."</a>";

cool..i'll try and will report back here.
Nothing happened,g33k.
(2010-11-19, 08:46 AM)fid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-19, 12:06 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need a file edit for this. Not sure if this can be made in to a plugin, I didn't get the time to look at that, you can request for it in the requests section to see if it can be made in to a plugin.

Find: (Around Line #315)

Replace with:

Find: (Around Line #200)

Replace with:

cool..i'll try and will report back here.
Nothing happened,g33k.

Are you sure you made the edits correctly?? I tested these edits and it works fine on my install.

What version of MyBB are you using? If its 1.4 then check my above post, I updated the line numbers for v1.4.
mine is version 1.6,brother.

I've download the files,edit it using dreamweaver,and when i trying to save, they ask whether to update link.the first time,i do update the link and re upload.nothing happened.

then i re-upload back the same file,only not updating the link.same thing happened here.
Just use notepad or wordpad to edit the files and then upload them to your ftp.
g33k do you know the required edit to make the last post username coloured where it says for example.
topicname
18-11-2010 10:13 PM
by username
(2010-11-20, 09:09 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]g33k do you know the required edit to make the last post username coloured where it says for example.
topicname
18-11-2010 10:13 PM
by username

I'm assuming you want it colored according to the group color. That part is a little more complicated. I mean the way to do it easily will end up adding an sql call for every forum. To accomplish with this without the additional sql load it will require a plugin or multiple edits, I haven't looked at it in too much detail to determine how much editing would be required.
there is a plugin if i linked you to it could you look through the code and see what would need removing to stop the moderator bit changing as it changes to guest ad i already have the colouring in the mod list by doing the above edit.
Pages: 1 2 3