MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Swap Tcat and Thead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not really sure where this belongs. This is about the MyBB software itself.

This is something small, but I find it very annoying.

The dark blue area above everything, you guys call a thead, and the lighter blue below it, you call a tcat. I believe they're supposed to be switched. vBulletin is the opposite way, and I think a category is the entire box, so that should come above the thead...

Just something to possibly fix in the next version.
If it's about the software itself, it's not about the MyBB.com site, so needs to be in the Suggestions and Feedback forum; the descriptions on these forums are quite clear.

Anyway, is the name of them terribly important?? The theme is already being redone for 2.0, we're not going to make a change like this before then as it would mean every single theme would be broken.
I know, that's why I clearly said for the next version...

Just annoying as a designer who used vBulletin for multiple years who comes over to MyBB and the names are all switched around.
The next version is 1.6.1, usually when people say the next version, they mean the very next version, hence my clarification.

You can't expect every single thing to be exactly the same as vB when coming across Undecided What about the people who are used to it as it is now...??
so i'm going to have to completely re-do my forum when 2.01 launches! :o Sad Dodgy
2.0 is a complete rewrite, all themes and plugins are going to have to be totally redone. It's a fair way off though and you'll have time to prepare though so don't worry.
I'm kind of excited for the change to be honest.

And Matt, they'll get used to it almost instantly. But you guys will always have new people converting from other softwares (especially vBulletin since all of the v4 problems). All other softwares I've used have tcat and thead swapped.
So people will get used to it swapping almost instantly, but you can't get used to it being swapped over from vB?? If MyBB users will instantly get used to it, it shouldn't be any harder for new users to get used to it being the way it is now.

I mean it's a simple enough change to make when the theme is being redone anyway, but I don't agree with your reasoning that it will be easy for people to get used to the change when you said yourself it's annoying for you to have to get used to it being switched, hence suggesting it gets changed in the first place.
It always made sense to me, as I thought of it as a HEAD being the top element and a CAT (category) being an element within the major element (which begins with a HEAD).

Whatever, who cares?
(2010-11-06, 12:35 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]It always made sense to me, as I thought of it as a HEAD being the top element and a CAT (category) being an element within the major element (which begins with a HEAD).

Whatever, who cares?

^ This.

I mean really, how hard is it to switch? The number of new and present users of MyBB I'm 99.9% sure, greatly outweighs the number of VB converters.

And if it bugs you so much, just switch them around in the templates. Problem solved.
Pages: 1 2