MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Email wont send but Mass Mail will?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

So on my forum www . gameforums . net , Ive noticed that the activation email won't send. Well it may be sending but its not reaching the inbox or spambox of members.

Tried with Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo emails.

However when I try mass mailing, it works perfectly fine.

The activation email problem started around 2-3 days ago, before then everything was just fine.

Anyone know why this might be?
Run this test, what happens?? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I ran it. It says PHP mail sent but nothing shows up in my inbox or spambox on the email I set in the php file.
And it isn't in your spam folder here either?? If it's not, then you'll need to ask your host about it, as it's a problem with PHP mail itself.

It's weird that mass mail works though, all mail is sent the same way, and if this test failed, it's not a MyBB issue as the test is totally separate from MyBB.
(2010-11-05, 10:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And it isn't in your spam folder here either?? If it's not, then you'll need to ask your host about it, as it's a problem with PHP mail itself.

It's weird that mass mail works though, all mail is sent the same way, and if this test failed, it's not a MyBB issue as the test is totally separate from MyBB.

The php mail test didnt reach inbox or spambox. But it does say Mail was sent by PHP.

The activation email doesnt reach inbox or spambox.

Mass mail reaches inbox.

I will contact my host and ask them if anything is wrong with PHP mail
My host had a look into it and this is what they said:

Quote:Hello, well we tried from different method even tried with fix from MyBB with community code but they are not from the same version, this is a common issue on MyBB and we suggest you to check the setting with the anti-spam register signup module and to contact directly the developer, we tried single email with both SMTP and phpmail and both we're working except the registration email.
Common issue with MyBB??

/facepalm

So what about the fact the test script also didn't work, which has nothing to do with MyBB?? What do they have to say about that??
(2010-11-08, 09:48 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Common issue with MyBB??

/facepalm

So what about the fact the test script also didn't work, which has nothing to do with MyBB?? What do they have to say about that??

It seems that the test mail script is now working. Well they uploaded a new one and I just tested it ( its the same code ). And the email lands fine in my inbox.
Have you solved the problem now then? If so, please mark it solved Smile
(2010-11-08, 05:40 PM)Jack123 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you solved the problem now then? If so, please mark it solved Smile

It actually looks like it now may be solved. I just made a test account with a hotmail and the email went through. Which means if it doesn't go through to gmail or others now its just IP issues.

This thread can be closed now.