MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Preview Post fails on New Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running 1.1 on a almost new install..

Get this error when trying to do a 'Preview Post on a 'New Thread'. Note that I do not get the error on a 'New Reply' to an existing thread.

Anybody else seen this and know what it is ??

mySQL error: 1146
Table 'artgl2_kk.mybb_newpost' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, i.path as iconpath, i.name as iconname FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_newpost f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_icons i ON (i.iid='0') WHERE u.uid='32'

THANKS !!

Bill
Have you made any modifications to newthread.php?

mybb_newpost is a table which doesn't exist in MyBB.
Chris,

Yes, I have made some slight changes to 'newthread.php' but nothing in the way of adding new tables. My change is basically, one line of code at the very end to go out to my 'threadmail' plugin (which emails every user any time a new thread is posted).

When I compared my version with the original file, it showed that crazy SQL statement as being modified.

Now I know for a FACT that I did not change that line but I *THINK* I know what happened. I think that my text editor wrapped the SQL line because it is so long.

I'd added a debug statement in that area, that somehow "merged" itself with the SQL statement, in a way that the SQL statement syntax was still correct. I removed the debug statement many days ago but somehow, part of the debug statement, the word 'newpost' was left in the code and became part of the SQL statement. Definately a bizzare incident.

And thanks, your guess was dead on !!

And also a HUGE THANKS for such a wonderful piece of software.

Bill