MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can a light skin suit a design forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://primady.com/index.php I'm designing this skin for a design community.. But I'm not sure if people will think it suits it. All design communities you see now a days are dark, with black and gray.

What do you guys think?
In my personal opinion:

Design Community: Light
Graphics Community: Dark
I always agreed with you. But lately almost every design/graphic related site has been dark. I personally think most of them are eye-sores though, when they're supposed to look appealing.
They're usually dark because photos look better on dark backgrounds.
I think White and light grey is tue best for a design community as it's clean ad professional, and as CAwesome said photos look better on dark bakgrounds
Personally dark is more of a coding/gaming style & light is more of a webdesign & such.

Dark - Hardcore
Light - Friendly

Smile
As I've said before - if it looks good, I don't really care. Personally I like a combination of lights and darks.
I personally like light color templates but Dark templates are more appealing and looks attractive.
I like light colored themes more because the majority of sites anywhere have light(er) themes. And when I spend a lot of time on a site with a dark theme, my eyes start to hurt when I go back to a site with a light theme because my eyes got adjusted to the dark theme.
(2010-11-06, 09:04 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]They're usually dark because photos look better on dark backgrounds.

I have to agree.

But, a light design can work for a design forum, it's just harder to get that shock and awe effect you get from bright colors on a dark background.