MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Forum/Thread Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would one go about modifying the forum image links?
Eg, the "on.gif" and "off.gif" that are located in forum/images/

I can't find where they are in the templates or in php functions/settings.
I have a few custom png that I'd like to load.

Thank you,
vol7ron

Edit:
It seems like forumdisplay.php is the starting point - I'm not really sure if that's right.
There's an $icon_cache, but I'm not sure that's what I need.
The easiest way is to just rename them to .gif once on the server.

Otherwise you'll need to edit a few of the forum bit templates, a forum display template and ./jscripts/general.js
I don't think renaming a png as a gif is wise.

I did find: forumbit_depth2_forum - Thank goodness myBB puts some comments in the HTML or I never would have found that.

Now I just need to find where $lightbulb['folder'] is set Smile

I'll take a look at general.js, thank you

-- vol7ron

Edit:
general.js just seems to affect the on states - it only applies some minor changes.
(2010-11-07, 05:04 PM)vol7ron Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think renaming a png as a gif is wise.

I did find: forumbit_depth2_forum - Thank goodness myBB puts some comments in the HTML or I never would have found that.

Now I just need to find where $lightbulb['folder'] is set Smile

I'll take a look at general.js, thank you

-- vol7ron

Edit:
general.js just seems to affect the on states - it only applies some minor changes.

Changing the file extension doesn't cause any problems.

You'll need to edit forumbit_depth2_cat too.

If you don't make the changes in general.js the "Click to mark this forum as read" feature won't work.
playing around with the png->gif, but there are bordering/transparency issues, so I think i'm going to have to edit the templates/js

thank you mr all knowing,
vol7ron