MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User CP Dropdown Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,
I'd love to use this plugin, but it's not working for me. I'm pretty certain it's because I also changed the "User CP" (text link) to "User Settings", and it was via hardcode method:

Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Expand Templates (DEFAULT) > Header > header_welcomeblock_member, found this line:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp">{$lang->welcome_usercp}</a>
and replaced it with this:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp">User Settings</a>

I know there's another way to have done it using Lang settings but I'm not expert enough to have played with that.
So, I'd like to make the plugin work, but with the "User CP" replaced with "User Settings".
How can I do that?

Thanks so much!!
Very nice, great job, definitely going to be using this in the new theme ill be creating.
(2010-11-27, 06:07 PM)sharon123 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do that?

If the following is in the header_welcomeblock_member template, it'll work:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>

You can then change the text to "User Settings" in ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> English >> global.lang.php

I'll update this at some point so it's compatible with all themes.
Quote:You can then change the text to "User Settings" in ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> English >> global.lang.php

Excellent - this worked! Now in the drop-down, I just need to change "User CP Home" to "User Settings Home". Where will that be? Thanks again! Very nice plugin, and as someone else said - this should be made part of the default for mybb!
ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> English >> usercpnav.lang.php
Would love to have that feature, but it doesn't work on my theme.
very easy to add the sounds great plugin.
but what is next i do? some guy can show step by step?
thanks very much.
I installed this plugin and then activated it, but when I went to test it nothing happened? The User CP link wouldn't even take me to my control panel. So, I went back and deactivated the plugin, and the User CP link started working again, but since then I have noticed that the Edit Post & Multi Quote buttons don't work anymore.

When you click them, nothing happens, the drop down menu will not show now. As a result no posts can be edited now? I think that since the edit button used to drop down a Quick Edit/Full Edit menu, maybe the plug-in changed something? I even went back and removed the plug-in file, but my problem is still there.

I can live without the plug-in, but I need to get my board back to where it was, so members can edit their own posts, and use the multi-quote button. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Tod
The plugin doesn't change anything unless it's activated, there's no template edits or anything like that. What's your forum URL?
(2011-03-09, 08:43 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin doesn't change anything unless it's activated, there's no template edits or anything like that. What's your forum URL?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I activated the plugin but it did not work, so I deactivated it. Ever since then the edit post button (which used to drop down a menu) doesnt' work.

www.unitedmountaincurassociation.com/forums

I made a test account:

username: test
password: test1234

Pages: 1 2 3 4