MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why mybb is slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hello

i installed mybb MyBB 1.1 (last release)

this forum is very good. but i find only a problem: too slow when i want to see the pages of my forum...
i have adsl and i have a good server (windows 2003)
i want a fast forum.
what i can do?

please tell me more info in easy english. i'm italian and i dont speak very well english

Well i dont think mybb is slow ! :/
MyBB is regulary fast. Sometimes it depends on the server you are on. Like me, I go through a sub-domain with Dajoob, and when they have technical difficulties or are upgrading their hard drives, my pages won't load and everything becomes slow.

I wouldn't go blaming it on MyBB ! MyBB is just the "program" you are running on a "server". It all depends on the "server", if it will run properly.

_ISR_m3rc_
in admin pannel, there are settings for a forum + fast?
What do you mean? There's no option in the Admin-CP to speed up your board.
hello michael83,

in admin pannel, i see "Server and Optimization Options".
these are my settings:

GZip Page Compression = YES

GZip Page Compression Level = 4

Uploads Path = ./uploads

Send Standard Headers = NO

Send No Cache Headers = NO

Friendly Redirection Pages = ON

NIX Load Limiting = 0

about you, can i change options to have a forum +fast?
I changed this to off

Friendly Redirection Pages = ON

My board was never slow, and now is more faster without the friendly redirection pages.
but "Friendly Redirection Pages" is a option for "lite version forum"?
(for example see here http://community.mybboard.net/archive/index.php)
No, that's when u post something.
Windows 2003 does not mean that the script will run fast - if the server has 64meg of ram and a 200mhz processer it's bound to be slow.

Get a decent server/host with an up to date spec and an operating system that dosen't waste resources and you're sorted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4