MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This Forum Vs All Others.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am looking into setting up a website. I would like to know from people who use this forum on their sites, what would be the good, bad, and ugly about this forum.

A little background about myself.

I have been into websites here and there for the past 5 yrs. I am recently thinking about setting another site about for myself. In the past I have always used Invision Board. I have asked a friend what I should use and he sent me here.

Anyway Let me know all the good bad and ugly about this forum.

Thanks.

SO far I have looked at a little bit of the admin area of the forum it looks a little promising.. Moron freindly.

hmm! i dont think i'm the right person to be asked this questionBig Grin
i will not say anthing againstBig Grin
Hey everybody, I think Mybboard is the best out there. I have only been using it for a short while, and have designed and posted my first forum ever. It's very easy once you spend a little time getting the admin acp down. Very flexible in features and community is always adding new pluggins which is nice. Also community support here is very good. They are always quick to answer questions and give aid. Even a noob like me has learned to edit basic script with the help of the community. I think you have made a good choice if you use Mybb 1.1. Again I'm just a noob and its my feelings.
I have used vBulletin, IPB, phpBB, and now I'm using Mybb. I'm not going to change it. For me Mybb is the best.
Well I tried nearly all of them and finally diceded on Mybb. I am happy with it. It has Good supporting. I can find all I need in Mybb.
MYBB has a very powerful theme engine

if you have the skill with CSS you can create very cool looking themes, and stuff.

there are bugs here and there but nothing that can't be fixed in the future
I prefer vBulletin over all but my best free alternative is MyBB. So go for it if you want a free Bulletin Board.
The only real thing which isn't as good in mybb is the documentation. The code is highly commented but there is not SDK and barley anything for would be mod developers to read.
I have been through phpBB and Invision Board (both of these for free) and finally decided on MyBB because it didn't have all the ad's through it like the others. Plus, I like the style and layout of the whole board, and think it is easy to use.

I already have the downloaded files on my PC to make MyBB work,
and then if one of my friends wants it, I just make a stie with Dajoob,
upload the files and hand it over to them with full administration and no ads.

I think MyBB is the best out there.

_ISR_m3rc_
i'm prety sure MyBB will gain the whole market very soon!