MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is my headerinclude file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I want to be able to enter something on the front of my forum for guests to see and entice them to register.

I have looked at other forums and seen that there using something called headerinclude

I have 1.6 (Latest mybb) installed as of 2010-11-08

Where is this headerinclude, i cannot see it for the life of me.

I have searched google and all i see are messages about 1.4 and others in here troubleshooting it but i cannot see the whereabouts of it.

Do i need to have the default theme installed to see this?

Please advise
Ungrouped templates, right at the bottom.
(2010-11-09, 02:14 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]Ungrouped templates, right at the bottom.

Thanks for your reply
I see where your talking about now.

All i want to do is to be able to add some text in the middle of my menu and the login/register screen for guests

Tried to do it

I did, but then when i logged in it was still showing in the members area, mind you this is using a custom theme

how i wish there was a tut on this Confused

I think the header-guest template is what i was looking for

I want to be able to add a simple table with a video and some text to entice guests to register

Any one got any advice? on what i would need to add to the bottom of this?

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
	lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>
Trial & error, try putting it below all that code.

What's your video code?
Add something like this to the end of the header_welcomeblock_guest template:
</div>
<div style="text-align: center;">
***Video Code***