MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with my iPod Touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Two days ago my iPod Touch 2nd Gen went into Recovery mode and I reset it as per the iTunes alert. Yesterday, my iPod went into Recovery mode again and its still in it. I don't want to have to keep resetting it as its a real pain and I didn't spend $300+ on something that doesn't work.

I looked at the knowledgebase articles on fixing the Disk management, but I don't even see the iPod under it.And there isn't anything wrong with the driver, either.

What should I do?
Man I'm very sorry. Contact Apple?
Are the buttons stuck? Because if they're stuck then that may be a cause.

Try plugging it into iTunes and then hit Restore to give it a clean wipe. If all else fails, take it to the Genius Bar @ an Apple Store.
(2010-11-09, 03:18 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Are the buttons stuck? Because if they're stuck then that may be a cause.

Try plugging it into iTunes and then hit Restore to give it a clean wipe. If all else fails, take it to the Genius Bar @ an Apple Store.

Buttons have nothing to do with it. I don't want to give it a clean wipe because so far I've done that, spent a few hours to get everything back on, only to have it go back into Recovery Mode again.

I will probably need to go to the Genius bar Sad
Did you actually go and hit the restore button or just go through the recovery process. Because, there is a difference.

Also the buttons could have something to do with it. I jammed my buttons once and it would randomly look and go to homescreen and stuff like that.
(2010-11-09, 03:25 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually go and hit the restore button or just go through the recovery process. Because, there is a difference.

What is the recovery process? I looked on YouTube and tried following some videos but they didn't work.
Hold down both your home button and your lock button for 10 seconds then continue to hold the homescreen until it shows the apple logo. Then plug it into your computer, follow the onscreen instructions on iTunes. Once it's back to "normal" click on your iPod in the sidebar, then hit the Restore button (under the check for update button). That will wipe your iPod clean and get rid of any bugs your iPod's drive may have.