MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add a shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i have a MyBB forum 1.6 and i dont know how to add a should box, When i go to Plugins theres only Plugin updates and browser plugins,

Could anyone help please?
Download the shoutbox plugin - http://mods.mybb.com/view/myshoutbox

Unzip the package and upload the contents of the Upload folder to your forums's root.

Activate the plugin in ACP >> Configuration >> Plugins.
But the thing is i dont know where to upload it
(2010-11-09, 08:23 AM)Nickrules Wrote: [ -> ]But the thing is i dont know where to upload it

I am kinda new to MyBB aswell ,, I dont know where forum roots is Confused
if you look at plugin directory, there will be proper directories name, like some files will be inside the plugins, some are on root, just place them according to them, and then inside ACP, activate the plugin, and adjust the settings according to your preferences.
how to install plugins , is the official documentation Smile
(2010-11-09, 08:23 AM)Nickrules Wrote: [ -> ]But the thing is i dont know where to upload it

I am kinda new to MyBB aswell ,, I dont know where forum roots is Confused

Your forum root is your public_html folder that is on your server. You will need a FTP client like filezilla to upload any php plugin. So if you don't have FTP access at all, you can't do anything since mybb is very reliant on you controlling the forum (I know there are some free mybb hosts but they don't have FTP access which kinda sucks)

But back on topic, if you do have FTP access and a FTP client, you usually upload plugins into the plugin folder inside of INC. Sometimes plugins make you upload to the language or image folder as well.