MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: deleting user from mybb1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody!

I recently upgraded to mybb 1.6 from 1.4 .All the process went ok, the only thing it didn't work properly after upgrading was the fact that I can't delete any user from cpanel because I receive the following error and I don't know how to manage it:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_moderators WHERE uid='114'
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

You've still got the 1.4 version of the ACP files, make sure you've uploaded them properly. Have you renamed your admin folder??
Yes, I have renamed the admin folder. This was the cause. I thought that I changed it back to "admin" when I upgraded. Now, I re-upgraded my forum and everything it's now ok.
Thank you very much!
I think there might be a problem with mass deleting members from the Admin CP with MyBB 1.6.1 (not sure though). I tried selecting a few members and then hitting the delete button. I just kept saying I needed to select members, when I already had about 4 ticked. I tried it a few times, same thing each time.
Hum, I take that back! I just did another test and now it's letting me do it with 2 users selected. Very odd, but it is working now?
For future reference, it would have been better to make a new thread, seeing as this thread is over 3 months old, has been marked as solved, and is about a totally different issue... Undecided

Does inline thread and post moderation work??
Yes, I think so from what I've seen. Maybe the mass delete problem (selecting a lot of members at once), could be linked with the fact my server has "suhosin" installed. It can cause problem with things like this, when you select a large option, like mass deleting lots of members at once. Maybe that's why it will let me do just two deletes, but when I try and do more it kicks in.

Sorry about bumping this old thread, I was searching Google on the issue and came across this. I should have checked the date before replying. As Google tends to be better at finding stuff than using forums search engines.

EDIT: I've just done a test selecting 4 users in the Admin CP an choosing to delete them, it's letting me do it now. So I have no idea why it didn't the other day? Undecided