MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hacked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my forum (carbon mb) got hacked into be some stupid lime. he knew my pass somehow.
Hmm Undecided

Its sad to see there are people like this on the internet who have nothing better to do..

Hopefully you have a backup which you can restore. If not, well, Undecided.

If you manage to find out it was a security issue in MyBB, please be sure to let me know via a private message or email.

Chris.
they onyl changed a group name and deleted my themes, i think a teacher cought them before (as this was from a school LAN in Wigan, England)they could get too far. the ip is 195.188.243.2 the hacking followed a hack from the same ip at http://pc-forums.net which i also admin at. so this would be the third time my account has been used to attack a website. all my passwords have been changed. hopefully i can get it all rebuilt by saturday.
I've heard of this before, if you are a admin on some other forum use a different password. Also I don't know how busy your forum is, but back it up every day or every other day.

I hope everything works out.

Marc