MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Xoops integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I tried asking this on the xoops forum, and got no response, lol. I was wondering though if there was any way to integrate the login for xoops and mybb. They have something like that for newbb and phpbb, but i have used phpbb and i didn't like it at all.. and newbb from what i have used doesn't seem fully developed. Where mybb I have used it for over a year, and I love it.

So I was wondering if anyone here knew of any way to integrate the login for xoops and mybb. I am using the latest xoops 2.2.3 (pretty sure that was the number Toungue). Right now I am using the last version of mybb, but I am very soon gonna upgrade. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Thnx in advance.
umm i haven't tried xoops before, but when i read that you need to integrate the login,i guess you will need to use the same db table that hold the user's information

i'm prety sure u will need to do some modification for that table.

regards
thank you for your response.

I may try that, although I don't know very much about mysql querys or anything like that, but the table structures look pretty much the same. So I'm thinking if I just install them kinda of on top of each other, it might work. I will create a test area to try this, so I don't take any chance on messing anything up (I most likely will Toungue)

What I was really lookin for was a xoops module to integrate mybb with xoops like they have with phpbb and newbb, I guess no one over at xoops has realized how awesome mybb is Big Grin I didn't expect really to get what i wanted here (cuz you don't have anything to do with xoops) but I thought I would give it a try. And I will try what you said zapher1988,or atleast what I think you meant.

If anyone knows anything about xoops though, and could make someway to integrate xoops and mybb, I think it would be a very sweet combination.