MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ironic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, im searching for a free template for my parent's website - im useless at designing!

I came across this:
http://www.freetemplatesonline.com/free-...templates/

If you are a web designer, why would you need someone to design you a website?
I know, that fails. Toungue
lol, that's dumber than me Toungue
Maybe you're a bad web designer?Toungue
Maybe its a two person job so one guy makes graphics and other guy codes it but the coder is off work and the guy that makes graphics takes it upon him self to make the site himself.

That situation could happen...
^ Rofl
Templates are great for people who can't design but know how to alter designs. I suck at coding a design from scratch but I can take any template and work with it. I suck at colors because I'm color blind but templates provide me the colors that match to work with. I suck at Photoshop (even more-so with GIMP now that I've quit Windows) but with a template I can make a decent header/logo. You can see where I'm getting at. Wink

Also, I know a web desgner who uses pre-made templates for all of his sites that he makes for his clients and he makes between $200-$800 per websites (strictly HTML and CSS).
Have you seen those templates? They're just table based layouts XD
The templates are better looking and more advanced that what my friend uses for $200+ websites. Wink
I think that it's odd - maybe ironic - that templates, as seen on that site in the free templates, from back in the day (those are from like before 2006) are oddly enough better designed than many sites today because of the web 2.0 evolution where simple was better. :_