MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why are smilies counted as images in signatures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious. Doesn't seem like they should be.
Because they are images? Makes perfect sense to me. Toungue

Exactly why do you think they shouldn't count as images?
Some forums limit between 5 - 10 images.
And if the smilies count, then it reduces usable image options for actual non-smiley images.

I've had these complaints, so I know where Uncontrol's coming from.
(2010-11-09, 10:22 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Because they are images? Makes perfect sense to me. Toungue

Exactly why do you think they shouldn't count as images?

It's a practical difference, not a technical difference. There is a big difference between allowing users to insert banners etc. into their sigs and allowing users to put a smiley face in their signature. So yes, smilies are technically images, but for practical purposes in this context they aren't really.
I can vouch for this... Never made much sense to me either.
I do agree with this as well. Wink
Same. In the context of "You can add X images to your signature", then smilies shouldn't count as an image.
Images use [ img ] code, smilies are :text:
I don't understand it either.
If smilies aren't considered images, then there should be some way to limit the number of actual smilies in the signature. I don't want 80 animated laughing faces slowing down my browser every time that user posts, and I don't want to manually go through each users signature to make sure it doesn't happen on my forums.
Agreed as well Firestryke. Maybe, just replace the allow smilies in signature option with a value(so if you don't want them you can set it to 0).
Pages: 1 2