MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to install with 000webhost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to install myBB on 000webhost, but I don't know where to go there to do it. Can someone who uses them for their host? Thanks. Step by step instructions would be fine.
000webhost is the worst host in history. There are much better "free" hosts that exist that win over that crap.
Thanks to both of you. I decided to use 000webhost because he used it, but I guess I was wrong. Smile

Wait, any good ones for free? Not getting a domain yet.
There is no such thing as a "good free host", there's "free hosts", "good hosts", but it doesn't exist with all 3 words.

And you will never have any success by not buying a domain at the start of your forum.

I understand your perspective on wanting to see if the forum is worth your 10 bucks by letting it grow first.

But see it from the user's perspective.

I will not join a forum without a TLD (Top Level Domain).
On top of the long annoying subdomain used, it shows to me that the Administrator is not willing to do what's best for the site. That, or they don't have the resources to run a proper one.

And I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to that.

So if you really think about it, 10 bucks is a small investment that can get more people to join.

Let's say your forum grows to about 50 people, but if you had the TLD to start with, you may have 100+ or more instead.
True.... but I'm still waiting for a chance to get a gift card.

I may use the link you provided in the future, but for now, I just want a link for hosting MyBB for free thats better than 000webhost for now.
X10hosting isn't bad...
It's fast and got lots of unlimiteds.
cPanel, FTP, webmail (unlimited addresses), all the PHP stuff...
I use x10 and a .co.cc domain, so I have a short non-subdomain and a fast website for $0
Thanks.
Any host you go with, you'll have to manually install MyBB, which is really, really simple to do. I can walk you through it if you'd like. Smile
I suggest you use www.byethost.com for a free host... dont use 000webhost just like the others said...
Pages: 1 2