MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP MY SITE GOT REALLY WRECKED !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I was visiting forums and suddenly it had breakdown in SQL in mybb_posts and now the forums with posts gives such error Sad :
[Image: mybb1.gif]

and also while logging to Dashboard it gives such error:
[Image: mybb2.gif]

Please help how can I repair or something please Sad

No need to caps lock your thread title. Smile

Go into phpMyAdmin and select your forums database. Then select the posts table and click REPAIR TABLE in the dropdown at the bottom.

Alternatively, you can run this query in the SQL tab:
REPAIR TABLE mybb_posts
omg man you don't know how much you helped me man you saved like just saving my life it had 1K+ members and man you don't know how happy I am you deserve reps and thanks +10000000 thanks man Big Grin
My mybb_posts table has crashed twice in the last week (1.6.0) and I've just read a couple more threads where this has happened... could it be a bug?
(2010-11-11, 09:33 PM)agua Wrote: [ -> ]My mybb_posts table has crashed twice in the last week (1.6.0) and I've just read a couple more threads where this has happened... could it be a bug?

There is no known bug in MyBB that would cause a corruption of tables. The most common causes of coruptions in tables is either bugs in MySQL (using an older version of MySQL), or crashing mysqld (caused by failing hardware or something similar)
It's not a bug, we can't stop a table crashing like this, there's no reason why it should be crashing often. If it is, ask your host why.
Hey Matt

I have sent my host an email already as per the advice (yours I think Smile) in another thread... but it just seemed strange that there are a few "Table crash" posts at the same time.

I'll report back with findings
There's nothing causing them all to happen at the same time, people just happen to be getting them.