MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cPanel help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I recently moved hosts, So I downloaded a FULL backup from cPanel, & got the .ZIP. & now I'm trying to upload the files. I upload it & nothings working. Any ideas why? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
So you downloaded a full backup from your old host?
You just go to Backup and browse to where your zip resides and restore it.
Still not working, look how it shows up:

You don't upload the backup to your server. Go to the homepage, click Backup and then on the right, select "Choose File" or similar under home directory backup and upload it

Do the same for the Database.
How do I upload my MySQL databases then?
On the same page where you can restore your home dir backup, under the Restore Database section.
Just do it manually Toungue. Back up the sites and databases individually or just ask your new host do it. cPanel to cPanel transfers are easy through WHM.
Well I have a .TAR of all my files, & I cannot get it to work, I'll get my host to do it :p.
If you can't figure it out(or if for some odd reason your host won't do it(personally haven't found one that won't do cPanel to cPanel yet though)) feel free to send me a pm with both hosts cPanel and I'll happily do it.

Although it may take awhile as I don't know when I'll see the pm and/or how much I actually have to download/upload. None the less it would probably be done within 24 hours.

Also keep us updated on your new host. I like keeping a short list of ones I've had good experiences with Big Grin.
Sounds great, I think i'm getting a refund from the host though, as they are giving me problems.
Pages: 1 2