MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After install problem .../english/global.lang.php not installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After installing MyBB 1.6 on a Cerntos server with Apache, MySQL, and PHP installed I get the following error:

/var/www/html/SFEbb/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist

Have confirmed the file does exist, correct rights are applied (666) even reinstalled the global.lang.php file and updated the rights.

This is a new install not an upgrade, the entire install process worked with no problems, and have removed the Install folder.

Even went so far as to download a new copy of MyBB 1.6 and attempt a different install (new location /mybb), each time I get the same error.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
What's ./inc/langages/english/ CHMOD to??
Yes, I saw that, that's the file, not the folder. If the folder has an incorrect CHMOD it might not be able to get to the file.

If you can see the file is there, and the file has the correct CHMOD, there's very little else it can be.
Matt,

After posting this I found the additional information on CHMOD to 755, and the files inside are either 644 or 666.

I reapplied the CHMOD on the folder to 755 (opposed to 777) and the files to 644 (opposed to 666)

It now works, but this may need to be listed on the install wiki page: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/CHMOD_Files

Thanks for all the help!
It should be set to 755 to begin with, nowhere does it say to set this folder to 777, there's no reason why it should be. The files can be 666 so you can edit the language strings via the ACP, but the folder doesn't need to be changed from the 755 it should have when it's uploaded.
My bad,

What I did was reapply the CHMOD on the files listed on the WIKI page with the 644 -v -R then reapplied the CHMOD to the contained admin folder as 755 (probably not needed but did it to be certain that it was set correctly).

It seems that my version of the test server does not like the files set at 666, when the files have these permissions set I get the error: global.lang.php not installed