MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would I do the following?
(I have 2 Admin groups, Head Admin and Administrators)
-Only the Head Admin can post in Closed Threads.
-Only the Head Admin can revoke or delete warnings that are given to Super Moderators and Admins.
-Moderators cannot ban/unban members, only give out warnings. Only Super Moderators, Administrators, and Head Admins can ban/unban members.
-Add an Edit Log. When someone edits their post, it will be logged. (Sorta like in vB)
1. You'd need a plugin for that, by default anyone who can close threads can post in them.
2. You'd need a plugin for that too as, as I said in one of your other threads, warning your staff and controlling who can add/remove warnings to/from staff isn't going to be covered by default. Warning super moderators?? Warning admins?? Should they be staff if they're breaking rules and getting warnings??
3. This might do it but it's not been updated for 1.6 yet: http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/moderator-permissions
4. Plugin again.
(2010-11-11, 08:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]1. You'd need a plugin for that, by default anyone who can close threads can post in them.
2. You'd need a plugin for that too as, as I said in one of your other threads, warning your staff and controlling who can add/remove warnings to/from staff isn't going to be covered by default. Warning super moderators?? Warning admins?? Should they be staff if they're breaking rules and getting warnings??
3. This might do it but it's not been updated for 1.6 yet: http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/moderator-permissions
4. Plugin again.
Do Plugins for 1, 2, and 4 exist yet?
No, probably because there'd be no demand for them, particularly the second one. You can request them if you need them though.
I did this to my own forum, i pmed you.
(2010-11-11, 08:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Warning super moderators?? Warning admins?? Should they be staff if they're breaking rules and getting warnings??

My thoughts exactly if i had to warn a mod or admin because of breaking rules they would be demoted also, then they won't be able to delete there warnings, or can regular members delete there own warnings.
If a user is not able to give warnings, I believe they also cannot revoke them.