MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Undelete Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-11-11, 08:36 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-11, 08:10 PM)TonyMontana Wrote: [ -> ]To my understanding, posts are stored in the MYSQL database. So unless you have a backup of that, it's gone forever.
Just to clarify, the database is still there. The MyBB is still there. The other forums are still there.

Yes, but when you deleted the posts, you deleted the post data from the database ...

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Did you somehow delete an entire forum by accident?
Problem solved. I contacted my host and they restored for me. I don't know why I didn't think of this before I bothered you people. I guess I panicked. <sigh>
(2010-11-11, 09:01 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]Problem solved. I contacted my host and they restored for me. I don't know why I didn't think of this before I bothered you people. I guess I panicked. <sigh>

I am glad your server helped you with a back up.

When I stupidly deleted EVERYTHING in the forum based on phpBB3.I learned to my horror that the forum owner NEVER,NEVER ever backed it up once in the 1 1/2 years he used phpBB3 software.He did the same with the original forum (it was a month old,when it was hacked and destroyed).No back ups.

I suggested that he ask the server host to provide a back up data to restore the forum.They REFUSED! The forum died...

I am now the owner of the domain and always make back ups and moved to a new server host when I gained ownership.

(2010-11-11, 08:58 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Did you somehow delete an entire forum by accident?

Yes. I was trying to delete a different forum to see if MyBB offered me an opportunity to move the threads. I didn't need the forum anyway. But I got mixed up and deleted the wrong forum.

(2010-11-12, 12:58 AM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]I suggested that he ask the server host to provide a back up data to restore the forum.They REFUSED! The forum died...

Man, that is horrible. Who was the host? I think we all need to stay clear of a host like that.

(2010-11-12, 12:58 AM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]I am now the owner of the domain and always make back ups and moved to a new server host when I gained ownership.

I wasn't making backups because it's under development. I figure if it got lost, no big deal. But I wasn't thinking clearly. And after I accidentally deleted the forum I realized I had lost feedback from a dozen testers. And then I realized that I didn't have my theme and graphic backups organized on my home computer. So now I backed up the database and made sure all my custom stuff was in one place on my computer.

What I would really like to do is understand how to do automatic backups from one host to another host.

old post....
killed mine today.
1.6.12 mybb
500 users
say name is primary
i created a sub forum under primary, i messed it up, so wanted to delete it.
primary ..>>>>.sub
i see both listed, with 2 option boxs 1 for prim and 1 sub below , i click sub option delete, and
it deletes both forums the primary and sub with not a warning, gee sr, 500+ users,, you sure?

i even looked in both options boxs first, to be sure, im in SUB.
I was.
gone is 1second.... oops.

that be a bug, as i was in the correct option box (SUB) (watch out others)
Pages: 1 2