MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good Come-Backs Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-11-12, 02:31 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-12, 12:04 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Nah its a class where you are supposed to take an interesting view on everything. No one responded, and as he says "its better to say something stupid then to say nothing at all."

It's better to be thought a fool and stay silent, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

LMAO Love it! Mark has been wounded!
Quote:Religious class teacher: "You're wasting your life, only god can save you"
Me: "He didn't save you from me now did he ?"
Teacher: "That is so untrue"
Me: "You begged to differ yesterday..."
The conversation the day before went a little like, it's all nonsense, sir i respect your religion and all, and i'm fine with it, but please know that you're wrong.

I just love to troll that man Heart
It seems a pretty big conflict of interest for a religion teacher to be advocating a particular religion. That kind of defeats the point of the entire class.
Well not really. As a Catholic I go to CCD classes to learn about the faith. (off-topic but yeah... This year's my Confirmation class. ^_^ ) I doubt many schools have religion classes for the sake of being politically correct.

Ah... well here's mine:
Quote:Random Person: "Asks a question I don't know"
Me: "Lemmmonnns?"

^ Inside joke.

Quote:Random person: "I'm going to burn a ton of calories today."
Me: "So what, you're going to go light a fat kid on fire?"

I'll have to think of some more later.
Quote:Well not really. As a Catholic I go to CCD classes to learn about the faith. (off-topic but yeah... This year's my Confirmation class. ^_^ ) I doubt many schools have religion classes for the sake of being politically correct.

Maybe it's different for you guys, but my religion class was a history of world religions.
I had this once (This is basically how it went Toungue):
Quote:Religion Teacher: God is forgiving and kind to all, he is omnipotent
Me: So why does god allow suffering and pain in the world?
Religion Teacher: Maybe they are living their life wrongly and not by the bible.
Me: Then why doesnt he put them on the right path if he's omnipotent?
Religion Teacher: Maybe he doesnt think the person deserves it.
Me: Thats not very kind...
Religion Teacher: He is only kind to those who deserve his kindness.
Me: So he is only kind to those who do the right thing, and if you dont, you're screwed.
Religion: Yes.
Me: So how is he forgiving? If he wont forgive those who do wrong and then be kind to them?
Religion Teacher: He just is.
Me: No he's not. He's power hungry and a dictator. A bit like Hitler.
Religion Teacher: I dont think God is like hitler.
Me: Aren't you supposed to give an unbiased view as an RE teacher? Not impose us with your views.
Religion Teacher: God is not evil nor bad. He is a power beyond our comprehension.
Me: You're argument is beyond my comprehension.

The RE teacher was fired a few weeks later for hitting a kid after they told her she was wrong. And that God was The Joker (batman) in disguise.

XD
Back in 2009 in a geography class, the teacher was building up suspense, a bit like in books as something great is about to happen. I was a bit annoyed as my pen had broke and i had received a detention for swearing loudly when it did.:
Quote:Teacher: Wouldn't it be amazing if we could look back in time and see these rocks being formed? (Expecting an amazing answer to his somewhat rhetorical question)
Me: Not at all.
Teacher: (Blank look)...
(2010-11-12, 04:34 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-12, 03:07 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Then we would still all believe in a geocentic universe.

lol you don't understand this quote at all. never mind.

I quite do. But what a fool is today, might not be in month, in a year. I think the geocentric to heliocentric example was a great one. People thought they were insane, tried, and convicted, they were "fools" when hey look, ptomely just screwed up.

(2010-11-12, 04:43 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-12, 02:31 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-12, 12:04 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Nah its a class where you are supposed to take an interesting view on everything. No one responded, and as he says "its better to say something stupid then to say nothing at all."

It's better to be thought a fool and stay silent, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

LMAO Love it! Mark has been wounded!

Oh because i'm just crying.

one from todays class.

Teacher:Today we will be learning about Ptomely. Can anyone tell me something about him? Bet you can't.
girl in class: He lived in 400 BC, confirmed geocetrism, was also a astromer, and took a aristolain take on natural philosophey.
Teacher: Damn. Well. Thats the class.
(2010-11-12, 08:31 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]I had this once (This is basically how it went Toungue):
Quote:Religion Teacher: God is forgiving and kind to all, he is omnipotent
Me: So why does god allow suffering and pain in the world?
Religion Teacher: Maybe they are living their life wrongly and not by the bible.
Me: Then why doesnt he put them on the right path if he's omnipotent?
Religion Teacher: Maybe he doesnt think the person deserves it.
Me: Thats not very kind...
Religion Teacher: He is only kind to those who deserve his kindness.
Me: So he is only kind to those who do the right thing, and if you dont, you're screwed.
Religion: Yes.
Me: So how is he forgiving? If he wont forgive those who do wrong and then be kind to them?
Religion Teacher: He just is.
Me: No he's not. He's power hungry and a dictator. A bit like Hitler.
Religion Teacher: I dont think God is like hitler.
Me: Aren't you supposed to give an unbiased view as an RE teacher? Not impose us with your views.
Religion Teacher: God is not evil nor bad. He is a power beyond our comprehension.
Me: You're argument is beyond my comprehension.

The RE teacher was fired a few weeks later for hitting a kid after they told her she was wrong. And that God was The Joker (batman) in disguise.

XD
Back in 2009 in a geography class, the teacher was building up suspense, a bit like in books as something great is about to happen. I was a bit annoyed as my pen had broke and i had received a detention for swearing loudly when it did.:
Quote:Teacher: Wouldn't it be amazing if we could look back in time and see these rocks being formed? (Expecting an amazing answer to his somewhat rhetorical question)
Me: Not at all.
Teacher: (Blank look)...

Lol, we had something similar a while back. (the second quote)

Also, this is off-topic but I'll post it anyways. Hope ya'll don't mind. Smile

Pain and suffering are a direct result of sin. Think of the world in the beginning, before sin as being surrounded by a sort of shield. Well, when Adam and Eve sinned, it was like they took a piece off the shield allowing for them to come into the world. Every time someone sins, it's like they pull out another piece of the shield, allowing for these sufferings to enter.

As for God putting their lives on the right track. He is a just and merciful God. For Him to make us go on the right track wouldn't be right as He has given us free will. If He controlled everything we did, we would be slaves essentially. He wants for us to be able to make our own choices in life, and live the lives we want to live.

For Him being kind to only those who deserve it, that is laughable. We don't deserve anything that He has given us, yet he bestows it all upon us anyways. God doesn't need us at all. He created us out of love. Not to be little friends to play with when we're nice to Him. No matter what we do, He always loves us. Now, I'm sure this will come up, so I'll get it out of the way now. He doesn't send anyone to Hell. We choose to go to Hell. The main reason why so many turn away from God is because of Hell, yet hardly any even know what it is. Hell is an eternal separation from God and His love and mercy. When we choose to sin, we basically say to Him that we would rather live with those who hate us than with Him and we turn away the never ending love he offers to us.

Feel free to continue the discussion with me via PM if you would like; so we don't clog up the thread here. Smile
Another from RE:
Quote:teacher: Tom, you can't use atheism as a religious view.
Me: why not?
Teacher: Because it isn't a valid argument.
Me: lifeboats arent yachts yet they are present in yacht races, therefore atheism is present in the world and will thus be preset in my essays.
teacher: Tom, you can't use atheism as a religious view.
Me: why not?
Teacher: Because it isn't a valid argument.

holy crap your teacher is braindead
Pages: 1 2