MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SmartBB - My first ever theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there guys Smile I'm very new to CSS, and have been attempting to make my own MyBB theme. I am contemplating releasing it when it's done, there's still plenty of things I want to do with it.

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the theme, it looks a bit like the default theme still but I have a few plans for the header etc.

What I wanted was a professional theme that can be used for any purpose, but customised at the same time. I really didn't wanna over-do it D:

Please keep in mind this is my first ever theme and I am very new to CSS! Feedback (good and bad) will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Screenshot
I think it looks very good for your first theme! I might suggest using the code for the VB menu and navbar in it. I think it would go pretty well with it.

Also, when I was first learning CSS, HTML, and all that I found some very helpful sites:
www.w3.org <-- Almost all web designers start here.
www.smashingmagazine.com <-- Lots of tutorials, free icons, and more.
www.tutsplus.com <-- This is a network of tutorial sites.
www.google.com <-- Much more important than you realize. XD

Hope that they help you out. Keep up the good work! Smile
(2010-11-12, 07:28 AM)BrickMaster Wrote: [ -> ]www.w3.org <-- Almost all web designers start here.

I've never been there in my life too be honest Toungue

(2010-11-14, 04:57 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-12, 07:28 AM)BrickMaster Wrote: [ -> ]www.w3.org <-- Almost all web designers start here.

I can tell by looking at your amateur themes. Kidding of course. Toungue Where did you get your start at? Just started typing away randomly and got lucky? lol

@The OP
There are a lot of good sites out there to help you out with designing sites. And then of course you have all of us here too. Keep on designing new themes, you're already doing a fantastic job. Smile
Dont for get: http://w3schools.com/css

Thats where I started Toungue
I like the theme for the most part. It's good for a first theme!

(2010-11-14, 04:57 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]

I've been there a few times. But not to gain knowledge, I just needed the link the CSS Validator Toungue