MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP Address search issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I help my friend out with his forum a lot and recently became an admin. While I was a mod I noticed that a long time ago when I searched for an IP address that began with 3 numbers, regardless if I put wildcard in or not, searched from the 'logged'/Who's Online/Copy Paste, or tried as many combinations as I could the IP address would always show up as having no results, even when I tried my own IP address which doesn't change and should have at least shown my account but it didn't.

Now that I am admin I tried searching the IP address through the acp and it seems as if it has the same issue too.

I know this isn't just me because it happens to all of the staff and having a very large memberbase means some of those are alts and well, alt accounts are against the rules at this forum.

Any help would be much appreciated <3
Kat~
I don't really understand what your saying.
If I search for an IP address that begins with 3 numbers (xxx.~) there will be no results at all, even on a IP address that is known to at least have an account on it it won't even show that account there will just be no results.

I go this in the Mod CP and I get no results, I do this in the Admin CP I get no results.

IP address that only begin with two numbers (xx.~) work in both searches just fine.

Not sure how I can make it any more clear.
Sorry for the bump but it has been a while since anyone posted and my forums are still having this issue. I might add that seraching the IP address with a wildcard doesn't help.